May 15 Update • YOU DID IT!
David is in the semi-finals! Because of your efforts, David has made it to the top ten percent of vote-getters in the NMEDA Local Hero Contest! Thank you for voting for David and for spreading the word.
The next phase of the program is underway. David and the other semi-finalists (top 10 percent of vote-getters) are featured on www.MobilityAwarenessMonth.com. All votes have been removed from the website, and the semi-finalists will be on an equal playing field as the independent selection committee reviews the submissions. The committee will be looking for stories that highlight positive and uplifting aspects of how the entrants are making the most out of their life despite having a disability. Three finalists will be chosen and each will receive an accessible vehicle. The three Local Heroes will be announced publicly in early June.
Thank you for helping to raise awareness about David’s story and National Mobility Awareness Month.
Hello All! I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who voted for David, and voted for David, and voted for David and so on …
It was a great way to get the word out about David. Now we wait while they tally up the votes. We are still hoping he made it into the top ten percent. Should know soon.
– Hey, we made an offer on a house and it was excepted by the seller. YEAH!
– Now we are slugging our way through the Mortgage process.
– David was and is on the Susan MacNeil “Speak Up” show on Cheshire TV all this week. Thanks Candy for participating and your support. Thank you Cheshire TV.
– We are also in the process of moving the last of our possessions out of our old Washington Street address to the new Main Street location.
Lots going on. Thanks everyone for your love, prayers and support.
Dave’s Dad, Paul
• Thank you to Joepeanut’s House of Wings for hosting the buffet and donating 20% of the proceeds to David’s fundraising campaign.
• Thank you to Mrs. Grove and Keene Middle School for organizing the raffle.
• Thank you Andy’s Cycle for donating the mountain bike prize for the raffle.
Thank you to everyone who attended! Your support is very much appreciated by the Hudgik family.
Hello everyone! Dave’s mom here with an update from Main St., Keene, NH. We’ve already been in our temporary home for two months! It’s been great to be on Main St. and our college-attending neighbors have proven to be quite amusing at times!
Yesterday, May 1st, we had two very special things happening. First, Dave’s inpatient physical therapist from the Shepherd Center, Cathi, came to Keene to do a few presentations at the high school, and(!) attend his physical therapy at Farnum.
It was most wonderful to see her again. She’s very dedicated to her patients and just has way of inspiring them to give their best effort in a very demanding recovery. Btw, she was very impressed with the progress Dave has made, especially how much more range and mobility he has in his right arm.
Second, we had a fundraiser at Margarita’s Mexican restaurant in Keene – what a blast! We had a great turnout and more importantly, a great time. We’ll definitely have to do this again. Thanks to everyone for their support! Click here for photos.
– Barbara Hudgik