Morning All! Just wanted to update everyone on Dave.
This past Sunday evening Crystal, from Restorative Therapies, stopped by to calibrate David’s FES bike. I Think David had every electrode that came with the bike attached to him to test it out. I also think that he was connected to the power grid. Every time he pedaled the bike the lights in the apartment seemed to get a bit brighter. Go Dave!
In other news ….
YES! David will be getting his van Tuesday evening. YEAH! A big Thank-You goes out to Tom, his mom Bonnie and their family along with everyone who has been donating to David’s Cause. You all have inspired us and helped greatly in increasing David’s mobility. David is very excited and looking forward to getting his new van.
What’s next? Driving lessons for David?
Stay tuned more information coming shortly …
Thank you all and keep praying for Dave.
David’s Dad Paul
A BIG THANK YOU to all that helped us get the new house cleaned up this past Saturday. What you guys did in a day would have taken us a week.
Photos – http://davidsjourneytorecovery.com/housecleaning.html
Thanks for the help.
David’s Dad Paul and Family
Fathers Day walk …
on our walk home from our Fathers Day lunch at Joe Peanuts we stopped in to thank Bruce, (of Andy’s Cycle), and his wife for the mountain bike that they recently donated to David’s fund raising raffle. The winner of the raffle was Linda R……
We have always purchased our bikes from Andy’s and I was very surprised that Bruce could remember the make of the bike I bought from him almost 10 years ago. I also learned that his name is Bruce, not Andy. The Andy name comes from their last name Anderson. No matter what you call him he is a good person.
Bruce, we appreciate you and your wife’s kindness and support.
A BIG THANK YOU FROM DAVID AND THE REST OF THE HUDGIK FAMILY!
David’s Dad Paul
”HAPPY FATHERS DAY” To all of the dads out there.
Lots has been going on with Dave and family:
– Have been working on finding and closing on a house. We found a small ranch which has a level entryway thru the garage here in Keene. We hope to finish closing on it this week. It needs a lot of work but the house should work well for David (see picture below.)
– We are still working on getting a Van so David can be more mobile.
– David is still working out every day and getting stronger bit by bit.
– Today for Fathers Day David and family are walking over to Joe Peanuts to have one of my favorite food groups,”WINGS”! If you are out and about we should be there around 1:30 to 2:00. Stop in and say Hello.
David’s Dad Paul
The NMEDA announced the three Local Heroes winners today.
Although David did not win, your efforts helped raise awareness about David’s story and National Mobility Awareness Month. Thank you!
You can help David and his family purchase the accessible van that they so desperately need by making a donation today. Click here to donate.
From the NMEDA Website:
“The news is in! Today, winners of the National Mobility Awareness Month Local Heroes program were announced on the nationally syndicated television show, “The Daily Buzz.” Alberto Cruz (Willimantic, Conn.), Ken Davert (Bay City, Mich.) and Ron Miner (Frankfort, Ill.) shared stories of triumph overcoming their disabilities and how their new, wheelchair accessible vehicles will further empower them in their active lifestyles. Please read their stories of inspiration below.”
Hello everyone! We have been moving all of our stuff out of our place on Washington Street which has taken longer than I thought. Everything is in storage or here at our new location in downtown Keene. It took me a while to find and get my home computer setup.
In addition to the move, there is a lot going on:
– David continues to work out and day by day he is getting stronger.
– We went to Joepeanut”s House of Wings for David’s fund raiser. Had a good
time. However we where unable to get Dave over there.
– We are still working on getting a van for David. More to come on that shortly.
– We are also working on obtaining a house here in Keene.
– We are currently working with the school and Shepherd Center to plan Dave’s summer.
Keep David in your prayers ….
More information coming shortly …
Dave’s Dad Paul